It’s one thing for politicians and candidates to say they “support the Second Amendment.” It’s another thing for candidates to demonstrate they support the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
As an Assemblyman, I didn’t just talk the talk, but I walked the walk. I didn’t bow down to the pressures from radical gun control special interests who seek to chip away at our Constitutional rights.
I stood firm and defended our Second Amendment:
- Introduced legislation that would have repealed the so-called SAFE Act (A.5599, 2018)
- Opposed the state’s “Red flag law” (A.2689, 2019)
- Opposed legislation that unfairly extend delays for law-abiding gun owners to legally purchase firearms (A.2690, 2019)
- Helped pass legislation to amend the state’s safe storage law to ensure youth shooting programs could continue in New York, and more… (Chap. 133, 2019)
In every election, I have always run with the support of the National Rifle Association and the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. I’m a proud gun owner, pistol permit holder, and member of the NRA.
As County Executive, I’ll continue to stand up for our rights as Americans and as law-abiding gun owners and
- Work with our county clerk and other officials to do all we can to protect pistol permit holders’ information from unsafe or inappropriate disclosure
- Oppose proposals that further infringe on our Constitutional Rights
- Make Putnam County a Constitutional County.