For decades, New York politicians have treated the privilege of public service as a license to enrich themselves and their cronies. The lack of ethics and the culture of corruption have become a sad hallmark of government in New York.
As your Assemblyman, I delivered on passing reform and:
- Helped pass ethics reform to help strip taxpayer funded pensions from corrupt politicians (A1749, 2017)
- Voted in favor of campaign finance reform that would close the LLC loophole (Chap. 407, 2019).
- Spoke up against Andrew Cuomo’s Corrupt COVID-19 nursing home cover-up when few others, including Republican officials, would. Andrew Cuomo did not resign willingly, he left office because a few brave individuals had the courage to stand up and speak out early on. I was one of them.
Putnam County has been fortunate to have some truly great public servants. We’ll build on their work and help our county forward even further. As your County Executive,
- I’ll support a ban on taxpayer funded lobbying
- Freeze pay raises for elected officials – including the county executive
- Reinforce term limits and close existing loopholes.
Most importantly, as I did as your Assemblyman, I’ll honor my obligation to be honest about what I do and why I do it.