In the 2020 census, Putnam County lost more than 2,000 people. We must continue to expand opportunities for people to live and work right here in Putnam County.
We’re losing a generation, and that means we’re losing our future. When Briana and I married, we decided to make our home where we grew up, here in Putnam County.
We love it here, we’re raising our son here, and we don’t ever want to leave. But for many young families, working and raising a family here simply aren’t feasible. Too many New Yorkers struggle to find good paying jobs and can’t afford the ever-rising cost of living. The result is that many continue to move to other states like North Carolina and Florida.
That means we have to welcome new businesses; treat the businesses that are here better; and respect our citizens’ pocketbooks.
As your Assemblyman, I fought against harmful mandates that enrich bureaucracies and impoverish our businesses. In 2020 I was recognized by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) as a Guardian of Small Business.
As your County Executive, I’ll take that same commitment to county government.
We will work to:
- Give businesses, job creators, and taxpayers the confidence they need to build, invest and raise their families in Putnam County
- Leverage our economic growth to control or reduce the tax levy, pay down debt and reduce debt service costs.
I’ll continue to fight for mandate relief by advocating as your County Executive for more relief from our state government to:
- Put a moratorium on new regulations and review all current ones
- Streamline and shorten timeframes for SEQR environmental reviews
- Adopt medical professional guidelines to reduce cost of workers’ compensation
- Require agencies to post and follow timeframes for permits and licenses, and compensate applicants for delays
- Reform Medicaid and other mandated programs by allowing counties to opt out of non-mandated services to reduce property taxes imposed by the state through our counties
- Eliminate incorporation fees for LLCs and partnerships